Phillip Ponds Homestead is a historic property located in South Australia. Phillip Ponds Homestead ruins are about 100 metres off the Roxby Downs Road, about 10 kilometres from Woomera in South Australia. It is a beautiful old building on a road trip to Roxby Downs and Andamooka. Woomera’s first security entry gate was sited at Philip Ponds in 1947.
How to get to Phillip Ponds Homestead
Are you planning a road trip from Perth, Western Australia, to Phillip Ponds Homestead? Follow these easy-to-follow directions to ensure you reach your destination safely and efficiently.
- Start at Perth, Western Australia.
- Take Graham Farmer Fwy/State Route 8, accessed from Wellington St/State Route 65 and Lord St. This route will take about 5 minutes and cover a distance of 2.5 km.
- Head east on Wellington St/State Route 65 towards Wellington St/State Route 65 for 650 meters.
- Turn left onto Lord St and travel 650 meters.
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto the slip road to Graham Farmer Fwy/State Route 8. Travel 650 meters.
- Keep right at the fork and follow signs for State Rte 8/Graham Farmer Fwy/Welshpool/State Rte 66/E Pde/E Perth. Merge onto Graham Farmer Fwy/State Route 8 and travel 550 meters.
- From here, take National Highway 94, National Highway 1, National Highway A1 and National Highway A87 to Olympic Dam Hwy/B97 in Arcoona. This leg of the journey will take about 27 hours and cover a distance of 2,552 km.
- From Olympic Dam Hwy/B97, follow the road to your destination in Arcoona. This final stretch will take about 9 minutes and cover a distance of 11.6 km.
That’s it! With these easy-to-follow directions, you’ll be on your way to Phillip Ponds Homestead in no time. Safe travels!
Map of Philip Ponds Homestead in South Australia